PACIFIC NORTHWEST DOG TRAINERS:
The Karen Pryor Academy Dog Trainer Program takes an innovative approach to developing and supporting outstanding dog trainers who teach the general public. Our students learn from some of the most experienced teachers in the field, using a curriculum designed exclusively for Karen Pryor Academy. Our goal is far greater than having trainers add a new title to their name. Graduates of Karen Pryor Academy become part of a community of trainers who have achieved and demonstrated a consistent level of excellence and can represent themselves and the Karen Pryor Academy name proudly.
- Come learn with us in Salem Oregon! Workshop dates are listed below.
- We're accepting applications now!
- Want to know more about the Academy? Karen Pryor Academy for Animal Training & Behavior teaches inspired animal training with innovative programs designed for both experienced and aspiring teachers. We advance the field of force-free training through community and peer collaboration, and we help our faculty and alumni become more successful through close business partnerships.
- The Academy builds on decades of scientific research and practical development* by behavior analysts, ethologists, clicker trainers, and TAGteachers around the world, culminating in a groundbreaking curriculum unlike any other.
- To learn about enrolling in the Dog Trainer Program, read How to Enroll
- To see the entire course curriculum, click Curriculum Flowchart
- To read what students and graduates say about the program, click Student Feedback
- To learn about current scholarship opportunities, click here.
Group starting in August - best to enroll by June 24, 2012
- Workshop #1 August 5/6, 2012 (Sunday/Monday)
- Workshop #2 September 23/24, 2012 (Sunday/Monday)
- Workshop #3 November 4/5, 2012 (Sunday/Monday)
- Workshop #4 December 9/10, 2012 (Sunday/Monday)
FOR NEW TRAINERS:
Our online Dog Trainer Foundations course provides an understanding of the principles of positive-reinforcement training and the foundation skills necessary to become a great clicker trainer. Learn more >